Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool is a utility software that allows you to change the Network settings of your printer. In this manual, you will get a comprehensive procedure to set up and launch the tool, measure the printer network connection performance, and change the printer wireless settings using the tool.
Easy-to-Follow Process To Setup Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool can be installed with the Printer Driver package. Here is the complete and illustrative procedure by following which you can install the Canon IJ Network Tool on your system.
- Run a current version of any web browser on your system. Now, navigate to the Official website of Canon by inserting ij.start.cannon in the address bar. The Canon homepage will come into view after you press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the “Drivers & Download” link given at the upper-right corner of the homepage and type your Canon printer name into the search field. Then, select your particular model from the list shown, and press the Enter key.
- There you will view a “Drivers & Downloads” tab, select it to reach the Driver download section. Validate the selected information i.e Operating System and Language and make the required changes accordingly.
- From the Recommended Drivers section, click “Select” to display the Download option. All you need is to select the Download button to get the setup file on your system.
- Once the driver package is downloaded, click Run to launch the installer window. Then, click Next. Now, power on your printer and connect it to the same Wifi Network SSID as your computer.
- Your computer will display the name of your Printer. Select your printer to move forward with the next step. Now, it will show you a list of drivers and additional software that you can install on your PC.
- Select the Canon IJ Network Tool checkbox and then click on the Next button. With this, the License Agreement window will be available on your screen. Read the agreement thoroughly without leaving any statement.
- If you have no queries or issues with the agreement, click Yes and the printer driver with the Canon IJ Network Tool will start installing on your PC. When done, click Complete.
How to launch the Tool on your system?
- Click on the Start icon on your Windows computer.
- It will display all the apps that are already installed on your PC. Locate the “IJ Scan Utility” app and then right-click on it.
- Following this, it will show you the Utility software that is installed with the driver package.
- Select Canon IJ Network Tool to launch its main interface.
- You first have to open the Finder app on your Mac. Now, select the Application folder which you will spot at the left-panel of the Finder window.
- The next screen will show all the apps that are installed on your Mac. Lookup for the “Canon Utilities” folder and then right-click on it.
- Finally, select the “Canon IJ Network Tool” to open it.
Measure the Network Connection Performance Through Canon IJ Network Tool
Connect your printer to the computer by using the USB cable and then follow the below-mentioned steps to add your printer to the IJ Network Tool.
- Once you open the tool, select the “Setup” option. Setup Preparations pop-up box will get displayed on your screen. Click on the OK button.
- The Setup screen will come into view. Select the printer model that you want to set up on the network and then click OK.
- Following this, it will show you the Access Point screen. Select the Access Point that you want to use and available near you, specify its password, and click Connect.
- Now, the Setup Completion window appears, power off your printer, detach the USB cable, and place the printer at your desired location. Thereafter, turn on the printer and then click on the Next button.
- The IJ Network Tool will now determine the connection performance among your printer and access point. By measuring the connection performance, the tool will indicate whether the current network speed is suitable for printing or not.
- If the network connectivity is weak, place your printer close to the access point and click Next. When the Connection Measurement is done and the network connectivity is good, click Finish.
- In the next screen, make a selection for your printer and then click on the “Add” tab. If you are unable to find your printer, click on the “More Printers” icon, and then click Add.
How to Check and Change Printer Wireless Network Settings
Below-mentioned is the complete procedure through which you can configure your printer wireless settings based on your choice.
- First of all, connect your printer to the PC with the help of a USB cable. Now, launch the Canon IJ Network tool and then select the “Printers” option.
- Select the printer that is connected to your PC and then click on the Configuration tab. This will bring up the configuration window where you can easily change all the printer wireless settings on the basis of your preference.
- Select the “Wireless LAN” option first. Here you can view the selected Network Type i.e AirPort Network(Infra) or Direct Connection.
- In the Network SSID field, it will show you the network name to which your printer is connected. If you want to switch to another network, click on the Search tab and select the Wireless router to which you want to connect your printer.
- Now, select the Encryption Method i.e WPA/WPA2 or WEP by clicking on the Up or Down key arrows. Then, click Set.
- Now, place your cursor in the TCP/IP settings field, and select the “Get IP Address Automatically” option. After making all the changes, click on the OK button.
- Now, click on the Admin Password tab. Select the checkbox of “Use Admin Password”. In doing so, you will see two different fields i.e “Password” and “Password Confirmation”.
- Set a password that must include at least 4 characters and a maximum of 32 characters. Also, the password must consist of both letters and numbers. Then, type the password again into the next field for verification.
- Once you have configured all the settings, click on the OK button. With this, a pop-up will get displayed on your screen asking you to enter the admin password. Click OK and the settings will be sent to your printer. In this manner, you can view all the wireless settings of your printer and change it as per your preference.