Canon imageClass LBP162dw Install
First Time Setting Up Canon imageClass LBP162dw Install
Configuration Of Canon imageClass LBP162dw Printer With The WPS Mode
- First of all, unbox your printer and set it near your computer and wall socket.
- After this, to turn on your printer, use the power cord. Then, connect one end of the cord to the printer and other at the wall socket.
- Thereafter, turn on the printer by pressing the power button. Wait until the power lamp lits properly.
- After that, proceed further by saving the initial settings of the printer. You have to set your preferences like language, date, location and time in the control panel.
- Afterward, load the input tray with a pile of papers properly.
- Click on the “Menu” option in the home screen.
- Subsequently, select the “Network Settings” option and then, press the “Ok” button.
- In case, if the screen for entering the PIN appears, enter the correct PIN in the respective field.
- Next, select the “Wireless LAN Settings” option and then, press the “Ok” button.
- After that, if the message appears displaying “Direct Connection will be disabled. Is it ok?”. Click on the “Yes” option.
- In case, if the message appears displaying “Enable the Wireless LAN?”, select “Yes” and press “Ok”.
- After this, select “WPS Push Button Mode” .
- Thereafter, select the“Yes” button.
- Now, press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router. Therefore, the button must be pressed within 2 minutes after selecting the “Yes” button.
- After that, wait until the message “Connected” is displayed on your screen.
- This confirms the successful configuration of your printer to the WPS mode.
Downloading And Installation Of Printer Driver
- Firstly, insert the CD- ROM into the computers CD-ROM.
- After this, wait until the installer is initiated on your computer.
- By doing so, it will automatically download the printer driver on your device successfully.
- If prompted by the user account control dialogue for permission, click on the “Yes” tab. You will get this tab at the bottom of the page.
- Thereafter, in the installation wizard, you can change the language as per your choice. For this, click on the “Language” tab. You can locate this tab at the bottom of the screen.
- After this, tap on the “Start Setup” tab in order to continue with the installation process. You will find this tab at the bottom of the page.
- Afterward, in the next window, the software will check for the latest driver and software updates. Therefore, if any updates are available, it will download them as necessary. While updating the printer driver and software you have to wait patiently.
- Thereafter, in the next window, you have to select a country or region you are living in. Make the desired selection.
If you are not able to find your country on the list, then, move further by clicking the “Other” option. You can get this option on the left side of the screen.
- After this, click on the “Next” tab.
- Now, the license agreement window will display on your screen. Carefully read the terms and conditions of the license agreement and move further by clicking on the “Yes” option. You can get this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, the Canon wants you to participate in the “Extended Security Program” document. After that, read the complete document carefully. Then, click on the “Agree” or “I don’t agree” option as per your preference. This is an optional step.
- Afterward, the firewall settings window will appear on your screen. Here, you have to tick mark the checkbox next to “Deactivate the block”. Click on the “Next” tab at the bottom of the page.
- In the next window, you have to select the printer connection method. You will get two options, “Wireless LAN Connection” and “USB Connection”. Select the connection method and click on the “Next” tab.
- If chooses the “Wireless LAN Connection” method, then Canon will ask you to choose from the “Connect Via Wireless Router” and “Direct Connection” option.
It is recommended to choose the Connect via wireless router option.
Although, if you want to opt for the other method, i.e. Direct connection, then click the Instructions tab and follow the on-screen steps.
- In the next window, the software will begin to search for your device. After that, select your printer name from the list.
- Subsequently, click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
- After this, select the driver that you want to install on your device. Then, click on the “Next” tab.
- Thereafter, in the next window, confirm the name of your printer and click on the “Next” tab.
- After that, in the next window, confirm the settings. Afterward, click on the “start” button in order to begin the installation process.
- While installing the printer driver on your device, you have to wait patiently.
- Subsequently, in the next window, set default printer will appear on your screen. After this, click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
- By doing so, the Print Test window will appear on your screen. If you want to make a test print, theRun the test by clicking on the “Execute” button and follow the on-screen instructions. For the test run, make sure that your printer is loaded with papers.
- Now, click on the “Next” button.
- Setup is now completed. Tap the “Next” button to perform the software installation.
- This completes the Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw setup. In the Setup completion declaration screen, click the “Exit” tab.
- Now, your Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw printer is now installed successfully.