Canon imageClass LBP214dw Install
First Time Setting Up Canon imageClass LBP214dw Install
- The first step is to complete the hardware setup of your printer. This will prepare your printer for the installation of the printer driver
- In the hardware setup, you have to start with unboxing your printer. For unboxing, you have to carefully remove all the tapes and packaging material from the printer.
- Then, connect one end of the power cable in the printer and other to the power outlet. Next, press the power button of the printer to turn it on. You will get this power button on the operational panel of your printer.
- Further, you have to insert and adjust the papers in the paper tray. For performing these tasks, you can take the help of the hand manual that comes with the printer.
Connecting Your Printer To The WiFi Network
- Before you begin with the network connection, you must ensure that you have properly set up your wireless router.
- Now, locate the “Menu” option in the home screen For finding this option, you can use the 4-way directional pad from the operational panel.
- Then, click the “Ok” button.
- From the menu, select the “Preference” option and click “Ok”.
- Further, select “Network” and press “Ok”.
- Now, choose the “Wireless LAN Settings” option followed by pressing the “Ok” button. In case you will get “Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?” message on your screen, then click the “Yes” tab.
- Then, read the message that appears on your screen and press the “Ok” button.
- After this, select the “SSID Settings option” followed by clicking the “Select Access Point” option.
- By doing this, search for the available network connections will begin.
- Thereafter, choose your preferred network connection from the list of available networks.
- Then, you will be asked to enter the password for connecting to the network.
- Next, click the “Yes” option in the new window.
- This will begin the process of connecting the computer to the network. You will have to wait for the completion of the process until you get the “Connected” message.
- Now, return to the main screen by pressing the “Home” button from the operational panel.
Download Printer Driver
- Firstly, access a web browser on your computer.
- Next, you have to move to the official website of Canon USA. For this, enter “usa.canon.com” in the address bar.
- Further, type your product name i.e. Canon imageCLASS LBP214dw in the search bar. You will get this search bar on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then, select your product from the search result.
- Now, scroll down your screen to reach the Drivers and Downloads option.
- After that, from the “tap the Recommended Driver box”, click the “Select” option.
- This will further extend the content. Now, click the “Download” tab to start the process.
- By doing this, your printer driver will begin to download. Wait for the completion of the download process.
- In the middle of the download process, if prompted, then change the download location. Make the required changes and tap the “Save as” option.
- After the successful completion of the download process, you can start installing the software on your system.
Install “Canon imageCLASS LBP214dw” Printer Driver
- First of all, access your Downloads folder. But if you have saved your downloaded file at a different location, then you have to access that particular folder.
- Next, you have to locate and double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Meanwhile, you might get a popup box to run the application. Click the “Run” tab to continue with the process.
- If you get a User Account Control prompt asking you to allow the application to make the desired changes, then, click the “Yes” button.
- In the installation wizard, you can choose a language for the installation wizard by clicking the inverted triangle. Then from the drop-down menu, select your desired language.
- After selecting, click the “Next” tab.
- Then, the Canon Software License Agreement window will appear. Carefully read the document carefully and click the “Yes” tab in order to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Thereafter, the printer setup screen will appear. Here, you have to choose the anyone of the setup method for your printer and computer. You will get three options to choose from i.e. Standard, Custom, and USB Connection.
- Select the preferred method and click the “Next” button to move further with the installation process.
- If a warning pop-up box appears, then read the warning message carefully. Then, click the “Yes” tab.
- On selecting the USB Connection Method, Canon asks you to connect your printer and computer with the USB cable. Then, turn your printer on. Now, your installation process will begin.
- If you select the “Standard” Connection method, then tickmark the checkbox located under the option. This will Reactivate your printer in sleep mode and will start searching for the pinter on the network. Select and click the “Next” tab.
- Make sure that your printer and computer must be connected with the same wireless network.
- In the next window, you will be asked to select the processor to install on your device and click the “Next” button.
- Now, you will get a list of available printers. Select the printer you want to add by tick marking the checkbox beside your printer and click the “Next” tab.
- Then, tick mark the checkbox beside the “Set Printer Information” option and tap the “Next” button.
- Further, the Printer Information screen will appear. In this window, you will get all the information related to your selected printer and driver. In case you want to make the changes in the name of the printer, you can do that here. Along with this, you can set your printer as default by tick marking the checkbox.
- For sharing your printer, you have to tick mark the “Use as shared printer” checkbox.
- After performing all these, click the “Next” tab to move further.
- Now, review all the information about your printer and ensure that all the information is correct. Then, initiate the installation process by clicking the “Start” tab.
- Once the process gets started, you have to wait for its completion.
- After the successful completion of the process, tickmark the “Restart My Computer” checkbox and tap the “Restart” button.
- Here completes the installation of your printer driver. Now, you can start using your printer.