Canon imageClass MF264dw Install
First Time Setting Up Canon imageClass MF264dw Install
- First of all, place your Canon imageCLASS MF264dw printer at a safe location. Here, you must ensure that the printer is within the network range of the router.
- Then, carefully unbox the printer and remove all the packaging material.
- Now, connect the printer to a power source i.e. a wall outlet using its “Power Cable”.
- Thereafter, power it up by pressing the “ON” button located on the top. Here, you must ensure that its “Power Lamp” is properly lit and stable.
- After that, carefully install the “Printhead” and the “Ink Tank”.
- As a result, the “Printhead” and “Ink” Lamps will light up.
- Subsequently, carefully load the “Paper Tray” with plain A4 size sheets.
Establishing Connection between the Printer and Network
- First and foremost, you should connect your Canon imageCLASS MF264dw printer to a “Power Source” using the “Power Cable”.
- Then, press the “ON” button located on the printer’s topside to power it up. Here, you must ensure that its “Power Lamp” is lit and stable.
- At this point, the printer may begin its initialization process. This will take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete.
- Besides that, you should turn on your “Router”. Along with that, ensure that it is properly functioning and available for connecting to the printer.
- Additionally, you must ensure that your computer is properly connected to a secure network access point i.e. router. Moreover, it must be the same network with which you want to connect your Canon imageCLASS MF264dw printer.
- Now, approach your printer’s “Operational Panel”. Here, you should look at its “Display Screen”. It should be lit and present its “Main Menu”. However, if it doesn’t provide the “Main Menu”. Then, look for the “Energy Saver” button. In other words, you should look for a button with a “Sleep Mode” icon. Now, if this button is lit. Then, press it to “Wake” the printer. Thereafter, press the “Menu” button to open its “Main Menu”.
- Next, you should use the “Arrow Keys” to navigate the “Display Panel”. Now, select “Network Settings” and press “OK” from the panel.
- Thereafter, select “Wireless LAN Settings” on the next window. Then, press “OK”.
- The next window will prompt you to refer to “Manual” to check the detailed process. Hence, press “OK” to proceed with the Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Setup.
- Subsequently, select “SSID Settings” and press “OK”.
- On the following window, opt for “Select Access Point”. Then, press “OK”.
- As a result, it will start searching for the available wireless routers.
- Then, it will provide you with a list of all the available networks on the printer. Hence, select the name of your “Router” or “Network Access Point”. Thereafter, press “OK”.
- Now, wait for the process. Meanwhile, acquire your “Network Access Point Key” or the “Router Password”.
- Subsequently, enter your “Router Password” when prompted. Then, press “OK”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt “Do you want to connect using New Settings?”. Hence, select “Yes” and press “OK”.
- Consequently, this will start the “Connection” process which may take some time. Hence, wait for it. At this point, the Wi-Fi indicator starts blinking.
- At last, it will confirm that Canon imageCLASS MF264dw is “Connected”. As such, you will see the Wi-Fi indicator is lit and stable.
- After that, wait for 2 minutes until it completes its “IP Settings”.
- Now, press the “Copy/ Scan” button to return to the “Main Menu”.
Download Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Drivers
- To begin with, turn on your Computer and the Printer. In addition to that, turn on your router and ensure it is properly connected to both the devices.
- Now, open your preferred internet browser on your computer.
- Next, you should go to “usa.canon.com/support”.
- As a result, it will take you to the required window for downloading Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Drivers.
- Here, you should enter your “Printer’s Model Number” in the “Search Bar”. In other words, type in “Canon imageCLASS MF264dw”. Then, click the “Go” button.
- Now, access its “Driver Downloads” section.
- Here, you should click on the drop-down box beside OS. Then, select your system’s OS from the list.
- As a result, it will provide you with compatible drivers and additional software. Now, click on the “Select” tab beside it to expand it.
- Subsequently, click on the “Download” button for each of the links one by one.
- As a result, it will start downloading the drivers. Now, this may take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete. Then, proceed to install the drivers.
Install Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Drivers
- First of all, ensure that both computer and printer are turned on and connected to a secure “Network Access Point”.
- Now, locate the downloaded drivers on your system. Then, double-click on it to open it.
- As a result, you will get a pop-up box. Hence, click on “Run” to initiate the Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Setup process.
- Consequently, it will open the Installer. Now, click on “Next” (Windows) or “Continue” (Mac) on the initial window.
- The following window will present the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, read the same carefully. Then, click on “Yes” (Windows) or “Continue” (Mac). In addition to that, Mac users will get a pop-up box to confirm the same. Hence, click on “Agree” to proceed.
- Thereafter, you will get the “Select The Type Of Connection” window. Here, you should select the “Network Connection (for Network Models)”. Then, click “Next” to continue with Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Setup.
- Next, you should click on “Yes” when prompted to “Remove Firewall Blocks”.
- Subsequently, it will start searching your Canon imageCLASS MF264dw printer. As such, the next window will display a list of all the available printers. Hence, select your printer from the list. Then, click “Next”.
- The following window will provide a list of all the software available for installation. Hence, select the ones that you want to install. Then, click “Next”.
- Now, check the details including your “Printer Name” on the “Confirm Settings” window. Thereafter, click “Next”.
- Next, you should confirm your “Fax Name”. Then, click “Next”.
- Finally, confirm the remaining settings. Then, click “Start” (Windows) or “Install” (Mac). This will start installing the drivers. However, Mac users will be prompted to provide their Mac login credentials. Hence, enter your “Mac Administrator User ID and Password”. Then, click “Instal Software”.
- Now, wait for the “Canon imageCLASS MF264dw Driver Installation” to complete.
- After that, you can select this printer as your “Default Printer” and run a “Test Print”.
- At last, restart your computer.