Canon Maxify iB4070 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Maxify IB4070 Install
Printer Connection With Wireless Network
- Firstly, go through the hardware setup of your printer. You have to unbox your printer than load paper ink in it. For this, you can use the user manual that comes with the printer.
- Then, plug in the printer. Further, you have to turn it on.
For this, press the power button from the top of the printer. When the printer will on, its Power lamp will lit.
- Now, press the Setup button. It will open the Setup menu.
- From the setup menu, locate the “Wireless LAN Setup” option by using the navigation keys.
- After that, press the “Ok” button.
If prompted to press the WPS button, then after pressing OK, you have to press the “Stop” button.
- Using the navigation keys, find the “Other Setup” option and press the “Ok” button.
- Thereafter, select the “Cableless Network” option by clicking the “Ok” button.
- This will successfully complete the connection of your printer with the wireless network. Now, you can proceed with the next step i.e. installation of the printer driver.
Printer Driver Download and Installation
- Open a web browser.
- Then, head to the Printer Setup Window. For reaching this page, you have to type “canon.com/ijsetup” in the address bar.
- Once you reach the Printer Setup window, you have to click the “Set Up” option. This option will be available on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Now, in the product selection screen, you have to enter your product model for getting the download link. Your product model will be iB4070. Enter the correct model name and then click the “Go” tab.
- After reaching the Driver Download window, you have to choose the operating system as per the device you are using.
For this, you will get the option on the top-right corner of the screen. Click the inverted triangle and it will open a drop-down list. Select your OS from the list.
- Now, you will get the download link as per the operating system you have chosen.
- Afterwards, you have to click the “Downloads” tab to start the process.
- This will initiate the downloading process. Wait for the successful completion of the process.
- During the process, you will be asked to save the file in your desired location. You can change the location of the setup file you want to download, by clicking the “Save As” option.
- Once the download gets completed, you have to open the folder where you have saved the file.
In general, the system saves this file in the Downloads folder.
- Before you start with the installation process, you are required to connect your computer device with the same wireless network as of your printer.
- Now, double-click the setup file.
- If a popup box appears for seeking your permission to run the application, you have to tap the “Run” button.
Also, you might get a User Account Control pop-up box. Here, you have to click the “Yes” tab to allow the application for making changes in your system.
- In the installation wizard initial window, you can change the language as per your preference.
For changing the language, click the “Language” tab. Further, you can choose the language from the list.
- After making the changes in the language, you have to click the “Start Setup” tab in the same window.
- Next, you have to select your country and the region from the list. In case you won’t be able to get your country or region on the list, then, you can choose “Others” to continue.
- Then, hit the “Next” tab.
- Further, the License Agreement window will display. Canon recommends you to successfully read the document and agree to it. For agreeing, you can click the “Yes” tab.
On choosing “No” i.e. disagreeing with the agreement, then the installation process will stop right there.
- After the License Agreement, you will get the Extended Security Program window.
Here, Canon asks you to participate in the survey program. If you agree to participate, you have to click the “Agree” tab. Otherwise, you can also click “Do not agree”.
- This will take you to the Connection Method screen. Here, Canon suggests choosing the “Wireless LAN Connection” option.
- After selecting, click the “Next” option to move further with the process.
- Thereafter, you will get two options i.e. “Access Point Connection” and the “Direct Connection”. It is recommended to choose the Access Point Connection option.
However, if you desire to choose the Direct connection option, then click the Instructions tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After selecting the preferred option, press the “Next” button.
- Now, you have to check the power. The printer must be connected with the wireless connection properly.
- Next, hit the “Next” option.
- By doing so, your system will start searching for the printer. Wait for the completion of the printer search.
- Further, you will get a list of printers. Pick your desired printer and tap the “Next” button.
- This begins the driver installation process.
- The Print Test window will appear after the completion of the process. To begin the print test, click the “Execute” tab. Once the print test gets completed, you have to press the “Next” option.
- The printer setup will complete here. You can now proceed to the software installation by clicking the “Next” tab.
- After that, the software selection window will appear on your screen. You can tick mark the desired software to install them. Further, hit the “Next” tab.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to register your product by clicking the “Next” tab. But in case you don’t want to register right now, then click the “Skip” tab.
- When the process gets completed, you will see a completion declaration window. Hit the “Exit” tab in order to come out of the window.