Canon Maxify MB5370 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Maxify MB5370 Install
Connect Canon Maxify MB5370 with the Wireless Network
- Before starting the network connection process, you need to complete the hardware setup of your printer. Unbox your printer and fill the ink cartridge of your printer. Then, load paper into your printer paper tray.
- Now, turn on your printer and its power lamp must be properly lit.
- Then, press the Home button located on the front of the printer.
- Now, flick your printer screen left and right until you find the WLAN option. Then, tap the WLAN and proceed to the next step.
- In the next screen of your printer, tap Wireless LAN setup and it will automatically start searching for the compatible access points.
- When the next screen appears, tap To other connection methods.
- In the Wireless LAN setup screen, tap Other Setup and move forward to the next step.
- In the next screen, tap on Cableless Setup and then click on the OK button.
- Your printer is now connected to the wireless network.
Now, you can proceed with the installation of your Canon Maxify MB5370 printer driver.
Download and Install Printer Driver
- Open a web browser.
- Then, go to canon.com/ijsetup.
- On the web page, click on the setup tab and it will take you to a new window.
- Now, select your operating system by clicking on the down-arrow key based on your preference.
- Then, search for your product name by typing MB5370 into the product search field.
- Then, click on the GO button.
- In the next window, click on the Download button. It will start downloading the setup file. Wait till the procedure is completed.
- While downloading the printer driver, do not close the window or shut down your system. Otherwise, it will stop downloading the software.
- Once the download finishes, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- Now, open the Downloads folder.
- Search your downloaded setup file of Canon and double-click on it.
- After clicking, a pop-up box appears. It will ask for your permission to make the necessary changes to your computer. In order to grant permission, click on the Yes button.
- In the next window, click on the Language tab and then select your preferred language in which you want to use the program. Then, click on the back button to return back to the initial screen.
- Then, click on the Next button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Select your country or region by clicking on the drop-down arrow key in the next window. If you are unable to find your country or is not listed, select others from the given list of options. After that, click on the green Next button positioned at the top-right corner of your window.
- Now, the End-User License Agreement screen appears. Read all the terms and conditions of the agreement. If you agree with the agreement and to continue with the process, click on the Yes button. It is located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- On the next screen, go through the Extended Survey Program carefully. If you want to take part in the survey, click on the Agree button given there. But if you do not agree with the survey program and not ready to take part in it, click on Do not Agree.
- Now, a new window of Firewall settings appears. You will see a checkbox of Deactivate the block. Tick mark the box and click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- It will take you to a printer connection method window in which you need to choose the method for connecting your printer to the network. Select the Wireless LAN Connection method and click on the Next button given there.
- In the next screen, it will give you two options for connection- Access Point Connection and Direct Connection. While Canon recommends you choose the first option but if you have selected direct connection method, click on the Instructions tab and follow the on-screen instructions. Then, click on the Next button and proceed to the next step.
- Now, ensure that the printer is turned on and click on the Next button.
- Printer Detection pop-up will appear on your screen and it will start searching for the printer on the network.
- Once your printer is detected, the Select Printer window will appear on your screen. You need to select your printer from the given list. Also, you can verify your printer by its serial number. Then, click on the Next button.
- It will start installing your printer driver. Wait for its completion.
- Once the driver is installed, it will take you to the Test Print window. If you want to perform the test, click on the Execute button and your printer must be loaded with plain paper. Otherwise, click on the Next button.
- Now, the setup complete screen appears and it will now start the installation of the software. Click on the Next button and move forward to the next step.
- After that, the Software Installation list appears. Select your desired software from the given list of options and click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- Now, it will take you to the User Registration window. If you want to register your printer, you need to click on the Next button and then follow the on-screen instructions. But if you don’t want to register your printer now, click on the Skip button.
- Now the software is successfully installed on your computer. Click on the Exit button to finish the process.
This completes the Canon Maxify MB5370 setup.