Canon Pixma G3000 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma G3000 Install
Connecting Printer To The Wireless Network
- First of all, complete the hardware setup of your printer. You also have to load the paper and ink in the printer.
- Once you are done with the hardware setup of the printer, press the power button from the operational panel of the printer.
- After that, you have to press and hold the WiFi button until the lamp light flashes on the printer. You can find this WiFi button and lamplight on the operational panel.
- Now, press the color button followed by the WiFi button.
- Make sure lamp light will flash quickly and the power lamp is lit.
- Thereafter, you can confirm the printer connection to the wireless network.
For connection, at least 2 A-4 papers must be loaded in the paper tray.
- Then, you have to press and hold the WiFi button until the power lamp light blinks once.
- Further, again press the WiFi button.
- Subsequently, it will print the network information page.
- In the network information printout, you have to check the Connection.
The connection must indicate “Active” along with the correct wireless connection name by SSID service.
- This will successfully complete the printer configuration procedure. You can now proceed to the download and installation of the printer driver.
Download and Install Printer Driver
- Firstly, access a web browser on your device.
- After that, go the Canon Setup website by typing “canon.com/ijsetup” in the address bar.
- Once you reach the printer driver setup page, you have to click the “Set Up” option. You will get this option on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Now, you will reach the Product Selection window. Here, you have to provide your product model in the required field i.e G3000.
- After that, tap the “Go” button.
- This will redirect you to the driver downloading screen.
- Further, you have to choose the operating system as per your preference.
This option is located on the top-right corner of the screen. Tap the inverted triangle and from the drop-down menu, you have to choose the desired OS.
- After selecting, you will get the download link. Click the “Download” tab from the middle of the screen.
- Consequently, the downloading process of your printer driver will begin.
- During the downloading process, pop-ups of saving the file, choosing the downloading location, etc will appear. In order to complete the downloading process, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, wait until your printer driver gets successfully downloaded.
- After the successful completion of the download process, you can move to its installation.
- Before moving further, ensure that your system is also connected with the same wireless network as of printer.
- After that, go to the Downloads folder or the folder where you have saved your installation setup file.
- Then, to initiate the installation process, you have to double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Now, a popup box of User Account Control might appear.
This popup box is seeking your permission for making the required changes on your device. In order to permit, click the “Yes” tab.
- This will redirect you to the installation wizard.
- In the initial window, if desired then make the required changes in the language of installation by clicking the “Language” tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you have to click the “Start Setup” tab to initiate the setup procedure.
- Thereafter, you have to select your country or region. Choose the desired country and in case you won’t find your country on the list then click the “Other” option.
- Once done, hit the “Next” tab.
- Further, Canon wants you to read the License Agreement document. After reading you can move further by clicking the “Yes” tab.
- Now, you will be asked to participate in the Extended Security Programme.
Read the whole information and if desired to participate, then click the “Agree” button. Else, you can also click the “Do not agree” tab and move further with the process.
- Next, you will get to see a Firewall Setting window. Tick mark the Deactivate the block checkbox followed by clicking the “Next” button.
- After that, choose the desired printer connection method from “Wireless LAN Connection” and “USB Connection”. Select the preferred method and tap the “Next” option.
- On choosing the Wireless LAN Connection option, in the next window, you will be asked to choose amongst the “Connect Via Wireless Router” and “Direct Connection” option.
From these, Connect via wireless router option is recommended. But, in case you choose Direct connection, then tap the Instructions options and follow the on-screen steps.
- After selecting, hit the “Next” tab.
- Next, you have to check the power. Ensure that you have successfully connected your printer with a wireless connection.
- To move further with the process, tap the “Next” button.
- By doing so, it will start searching for your printer. This might take a few minutes. Hence, wait for its completion.
- Now, from the list of available printers, select your desired one.
- After making the preferred selection and press the “Next” tab.
- In the Print Head Alignment window, click the “Next” tab.
- This completes the printer setup. Now, for software installation, click the “Next” button.
- Now, a software selection window will appear. You have to select the software you want to install on your system. Make the selection and click the “Next” button.
- Further, In the User Registration window, you can select either “Next” or “Skip” as per your preference.
- After the completion of the process, the Setup completion window will appear. Hit the “Exit” button to come out of the installation wizard.