Canon Pixma MG2922 Setup
Canon printer MG2922 is a multifunction printing machine that enables users to print, scan and copy documents easily and conveniently. It has a compact design and offers a lot of the latest and advanced printing features, making it an ideal printing machine for personal and professional use. Therefore, the users looking for an affordable printing machine to fulfill their printing needs should consider using the Canon Pixma MG2922.
Canon Pixma MG2922 is one of the excellent printing machines with wireless printing capabilities to perform printing tasks from anywhere. Along with the printing features, the setup procedure is also simple and easy to perform. Therefore, the users are recommended to visit the official website, i.e., canon.com/ijsetup, to complete the setup procedure.
Canon Pixma MG2922 supports Windows and Mac operating systems. Furthermore, it offers both wired and wireless printing features also. Therefore, the users can connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network via cable or connect to the wireless network. Also, the users can perform printing tasks through their smartphones too.
Canon Pixma MG2922 Setup Procedure
The users are suggested to go through the instructions provided below regarding Canon Pixma MG2922. Therefore there are several methods through which the users can setup the canon printer. Thus, below mentioned is the setup procedure done through the WPS button.
- First of all, confirm that the printer is plugged in and turned “ON.”
- Now when the printer turns “ON,” then the green light provided next to the power button will be lit.
- Then the users are suggested to press and hold the “WPS” button mentioned on the printer till the amber alarm light flashes.
- After this, gently release the “WPS” button after the flash.
- Note: The users are suggested to make sure that the “WPS” light is flashing quickly, and the power light is turned “ON.”
- While the “WPS” light is flashing, the users are recommended to press and hold the “WPS” button mentioned on the wireless router.
- Note: It is advisory to press the “WPS” button for 1-2 minutes.
- Now when both the “Wi-Fi” and the power light changes from flashing to steady, it means that devices got connected.
- After this, once the printer and the router get connected, users can install the canon printer drivers.
- Note: Install the drivers through the CD-ROM that came with the printer or download the installation driver from the official website.
- Note: The official website is canon.com/ijsetup.
- After the official website gets open, the users can type the printer model number and click on the search icon.
- Now follow the prompts to complete the canon printer MG2922 setup process.
- Note: The users will have to choose the following options, i.e., “Select the region,” “Select Product Name,” “Select the item,” “Select the operating system.”
- After this, the users are recommended to click on the “Download” button.
- Then, the “.exe” file will begin to download.
- After this, the users are suggested to open the downloaded file to get started with the setup procedure.
- Now the users are recommended to check the information provided on the opening screen and tap on the “Next” button.
- From there, choose the “Wireless LAN Connection” option and tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, choose the access point connection and hit the “Next” option.
- The users are then recommended to click on “Next” and make sure that the printer is turned “ON.”
- After this, it will start searching for the printer that is already connected to the network.
- Note: The users installing the Canon printer for the first time, for them, the list would be blank.
- Note: Hit on the box saying “setting printer could not be found on the list,” and then tap on the “Next” option.
- If the printer is mentioned on the list, then tap on the “Next” button.
- Now the setup guide will install, and from there, the users are suggested to click on “Next.”
- After this, hit on the button saying “Cableless Setup.”
- Then the “connection via cableless setup” window will appear on the screen.
- Note: The users are suggested to click on “Next” to the next two screens.
- Now the setting up pop-up will open.
- Then the connection completed window will open on the screen.
- After this, from there, the users are suggested to tap on the “Next” button.
- Then a list of applications will open, then click on the “Next” option.
- Now the “License Agreement” screen will open.
- After this, the users are recommended to tap on the “Yes” option to proceed with the installation procedure.
- Now hit on the “Next” button.
- After this, the canon printer drivers will now get installed on the system.
- Then when the setup completion dialog box appears, hit on the “Complete” option.
- Now, after this, the print head alignment window will get displayed. The users are then suggested to click on the “Execute” button.
- After this, the print head alignment procedure will begin.
- Now follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait for the print head alignment to complete, then tap on the “Next” option.
- Now again, hit on the “Next” option to finish the software setup.
- Note: After this, the user will be asked to register their product. Now after the registration gets complete, then move ahead with the installation procedure.
- After this, the test print will get displayed on the screen.
- The users are then suggested to insert the paper in the paper tray and tap on the “Execute” option to print a test page.
- After printing the test page, the users are suggested to click on the “Next” option.
- Note: The user can also skip the test printing by hitting on the “Next” option.
- After the “Installation completed successfully” window appears on the screen, click on the “Exit” option.
So through the help of the steps provided above, the users can easily perform the setup procedure. If any user fails to setup the canon printer, they are suggested to contact the canon customer service team for assistance.