Canon Pixma MG3022 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma MG3022 Install
Connect Your Printer to The Wireless Connection
- Before beginning with the printer configuration, make sure that the wireless router is properly setup.
- Now, if the printer is not plugged in, then plug in the printer and turn it on by pressing the power button. When the printer will turn on, the power light lamp will turn green.
- After that, press the WiFi button until the light next to it begins to flash.
- Then, press the “Color” button.
- Further, you have to again press the WiFi button. Press the button repeatedly until the Network lamp lits up.
- Thereafter, press the “Color” button for successfully connecting the printer to the wireless network.
- Make sure that WiFi should blink quickly and Power light should be lit.
- This completes the printer configuration.
Printer Driver Installation
- First of all, connect your system with the wireless connection method. Connect your printer with the same network as your printer. Also, load paper and ink in the printer before you begin with the installation.
- Now, to install the driver you can also use the printer driver installation CD.
For installing, software with CD, firstly, insert the Installation CD in the CD drive.
Then, go to “My Computer” on your desktop.
Then, open the CD drive disk. In the next window, you will get your setup file right there.
- You can also download the printer setup file by visiting “canon.com/ijsetup”.
Click the “Setup” option and enter your product number i.e. MG3022.
Next, click the “Download” tab. After downloading, open the Downloads folder.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file.
- If prompted, then allow the application to open on your system by clicking the “Open” tab.
You might also get the User Account Control prompt. This is to allow the application for making the required changes on your device. Allow the application by clicking the “Yes” button.
- If you are a Mac user, then an installation window will appear.
Click the “Next” option.
Further, you will be asked to provide the Mac administrator username and password. Provide the required credentials and click the “Install Helper” button.
- In the next window, click the “Start Setup” tab.
Here, you can also change the language as per your preference. For changing click the “Language” tab and then, choose the desired one and come back to the installation wizard by clicking the “Back” button.
- Now, the Installation Wizard tries to gather information regarding the latest drivers and software. Wait for the completion of the process.
- After that, you have to choose a region or country, you are living in.
In case your country is not there on the list, then, you can proceed further by choosing the Other option.
- Next, you have to click the “Next” tab.
- In the License Agreement window, carefully read the document. After reading agree to it by clicking the “Yes” tab.
If you disagree with it and click the “No” tab, then the installation process will get canceled right there.
- Thereafter, Canon requests you to participate in the Extended Survey Programme.
For this, read the whole information and if desired to participate, then click the “Agree” tab. In case, you don’t want to participate, then hit the “Do not agree” button.
- Now, the Firewall Setting window will appear. Here, you have to tick mark the “Deactivate the block” checkbox. You will get this window only if you have Software Security on your system.
- Then, click the “Next” tab.
- This will take you to the Connection Method screen. Click the “Yes” button to move further with the process.
- If the “Select Wireless Router” screen will appear, then you have to select your wireless router and enter the password for connecting your system with the wireless connection. Further, click the “Next” tab.
- It will start setting up the connection. Once the Connection of the process, you will see the Connection completed screen. Click the “Next” tab to move further with the process.
- This will begin the downloading of your printer drivers. Wait for the completion of the process.
- Mac users will get an “Add Printer” window.
Here, click “Add Printer” and then choose your Canon Pixma MG3022 from the list. After selecting, click “Add”. This will bring you back to the installation wizard. Then, click the “Next” tab.
- Now, the Print Head Alignment screen will appear. Start the alignment by clicking the “Execute” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the process gets completed, click the “Next” tab.
- Then, you will be asked to initiate the “Test Print”. If you want to start the test, then click the “Execute” button followed by clicking the “Next” tab, after completion of the test print.
To skip the text, directly click the “Next” button and move further.
- In the setup completion window, click the “Next” tab.
- Afterwards, you will be asked to select the software you want to install on your system. Tickmark the checkboxes next to the desired software and then click the “Next” tab.
- This will begin the software installation process.
- After completion, press the “Next” tab to continue with the process.
- Now, you will be prompted to register your product.
For registration, click the “Next” tab. You can also leave your product unregistered by clicking the “Skip” button.
- When the installation gets completed, click the “Exit” button and come out of the installation wizard.