Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup
Canon Pixma MX490 is a small and inexpensive printer with simple to use features. Through this printer, the user can easily carry out the following functions: printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. It supports both wired and wireless connections. It is also a multi-function printer, which means that the user can easily perform all printer-related tasks in a hassle-free manner.
Canon Pixma MX490 is perfect for small office and family use. Those who have a low budget and looking for a printing machine should prefer purchasing Canon Pixma MX490. Moreover, it supports the 3.0 and 2.0 USB, Bluetooth, and Wireless connectivity features.
Furthermore, it supports both colored and grayscale print with an impressive speed of 35ppm. Additionally, the user can print the document from the device connected with the printer via Bluetooth or wireless connectivity. Moreover, the user can print virtually anywhere around their home or workplace.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup Procedure
The Canon Pixma MX490 allows the users to print wirelessly from their compatible smartphone or tablet. Additionally, the users can print from their Windows and macOS operating system. So, here we have discussed the steps regarding the Canon Pixma MX490 setup.
Note: Before proceeding further with the Wireless connection setup, check the following steps.
- Ensure that the printer is turned “ON.”
- After this, press the “Setup” button on the printer.
- Now with the help of the navigation button, navigate and select the “Wireless LAN Setup” option.
- Then press the “OK” button.
- After this, the printer will automatically start searching for compatible wireless routers.
- Then, select the methods displayed on the screen, i.e., “Push Button Method” or “Other Setup.”
Push Button Method
Note: Connection using the “WPS” button.
Following are the steps that the user must follow to accomplish the Canon Pixma MX490 setup process via the “Push Button” Method.
- The users are suggested to press and hold the “WPS” button located on the wireless router.
- Then on the printer, press the “OK” button within 2 minutes.
- Now when a pop-up screen appears, then from there, press the “OK” button.
- Then the users are suggested to press the “Copy” button.
So, after applying these steps, the network connection setup is now complete.
Other setup Method
Wireless Connection Method
Following are the setup methods covered under the “Other Setup Method.”
Connection using WPS (PIN Code)
Perform the following steps mentioned below to complete the Canon Pixma MX490 setup procedure.
- First of all, select the “Other Setup” option through the navigation button and then press the “OK” button.
- Then select the “WPS (PIN Code)” and press the “OK” button.
- Now the users are suggested to follow the on-screen prompts on the device and set the “PIN Code” to the wireless router.
- Now when a pop-up window appears on the screen, from there, click on the “OK” button.
- Then press the “Copy” button on the printer.
Connection through the Cableless Setup
- Initially, select the “Other setup” option.
- Then press the “OK” button.
- From there, select the “Cableless Setup” option.
- Again press the “OK” button.
- Now when the printer preparation gets complete, then a screen will get open.
- The users are then suggested to follow the on-screen instructions and proceed further with the Canon Pixma MX490 setup process.
So, the entire guide describes the ways regarding the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup. However, if any user fails to accomplish the setup procedure, contact the canon customer service team. The experts will guide the user throughout the Canon Pixma MX490 setup procedure. And if you want to download canon printer drivers visit canon.com/ijsetup.