Failed to acquire information on the driver and software
Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again.
Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve Network Connectivity Issue
* For Wired Printer
- First of all, make sure that your Ethernet (Network) cable should not be tarnished. Because a tarnished wire cannot ensure proper connectivity and you might face problems while connecting to your network.
Check Your Access Points
- You must check the access points of firstly, your router and ethernet cables.
- Next, check the access points of the wires that connect your router to your printer.
- If you find any flaws in the access points of the cable try changing the cable completely. This will help you to get rid of the network connectivity error.
- Also, make sure that the ethernet cable is connected properly to both your printer and computer.
Check for these points for your wired printer to get rid of the network connectivity error.
* For Wireless Printer
> Restart The Router/ Modem
If your printer is Wi-fi enabled and you are facing issues in network connectivity you can try resetting your internet connection. For, this follow the steps given below carefully.
- To start with the process, you have to turn off your Modem/Router. For this, you have to disconnect the power supply to your Router/Modem. In order to do this switch off the power button.
- Now, find the plug point from where you provide electrical connectivity to your router. To stop the supply of electrical connectivity turn off the switch.
- Hold down for a few seconds, to allow some time to your device.
- Now, after 15-20 seconds you have can again restart your router.
- For that, connect the power supply to your router using the power cable.
- Thereafter, switch on the router using the power button that is located on your router.
- Allow some time to your router to regain connectivity.
> Check for The Obstacles
Because of the distance between your device and the router you might not experience seamless connectivity. In order to regain the connectivity try moving your printer towards the router.
> Ensure That The Correct Wi-Fi User Credentials Is Entered
In order to check that the correct Wi-Fi Name and Password is entered, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, make sure that the printer is turned on. Also, ensure that a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper is loaded.
- Thereafter, you have to press the menu button on your printer.
- After that, select the “Canon Setup” icon and press “Ok” button.
- Next, select the “Device Settings” icon and then, press the “Ok” button.
- Subsequently, use the “Up/Down” arrow buttons in order to scroll to LAN settings. After this, press the “Ok” button.
- Afterwards, scroll down to the “Confirm LAN Settings” option and tap the “Ok” button.
- Then, scroll to the “Print LAN Details” option and press “Ok”.
- Further, you have to select “Yes” and then press “Ok” to start the printing process.
- Now, look at the printed network information. Here, check the SSID. Make sure the SSID should be the same as the wireless network with which you want to connect your network. In case, SSID is different, then connect your canon printer to the correct network.