How To Fix The Canon Printer E5 Error Message?
Canon Printer E5 Error occurs when there is a problem with the ink cartridge. Generally, when your printer is unable to recognize the ink cartridge that is installed in it, it will show you the E5 error message. There can be several reasons behind this error like improper installation of ink cartridges, unclean printer, etc. Irrespective of the reason, it becomes important to resolve the error quickly. For resolving, follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
Properly Install Ink Cartridge
In case the ink cartridge is not properly installed, Canon will show you the E5 error message. For resolving the error, you should try removing all the ink cartridge from the printer and installing it again. For reinstalling the ink cartridge, follow the instructions given below. Make sure you follow each step carefully for resolving the error successfully.
- First of all, turn off your printer and remove its power cord.
- Then, you have to remove papers from the printer.
- Push back the paper output tray and Extension from your printer.
- Further, open the cover.
- By doing so, cartridges will start moving. Do not touch them while they are moving.
- After that, take out the cartridges and remove the protective tapes from it.
- Now, look and open the access door of the ink cartridge.
- Then, insert the ink into the ink cartridges by matching the ink cartridge color with their respective slots. While inserting the ink, you have to hold the ink from their sides and then press the ink into the empty slots.
- After filling the ink, close the cartridge access door.
- Now, you have to insert the ink cartridges back to its slot.
- Finally, close the covers and press the power button to turn on the printer.
After filling the ink, check if the error persists or not. If the error is still not resolved, then try following another troubleshooting step.
Clean Printer Properly
At times, Canon shows the E5 error when the printer is dirty. This can be due to excessive ink leakage. Hence, you must try cleaning the printer properly. You can properly clean the printer by following the given instructions. Before you begin with the cleaning of the printer, you must use the printer’s self-cleaning feature. If this doesn’t help, then try doing it manually.
For resolving the error, you have to focus on cleaning some important areas like Print Head, Ribbon, Ink Reservoir, and Stabilizer Bar.
Most of the HP printers have print heads on the ink cartridges that are required to get cleaned properly. For cleaning them:
- Remove the ink cartridges.
- Take a piece of cloth.
- Add some isopropyl alcohol on the cloth.
- Now, gently rub the cloth on the printer head. Rub the cloth several times to clean the printer heads properly.
After cleaning the printer heads, you have to clean the Ribbons. For this, take the cloth and spray some window cleaner over it. Then, clean the ribbon that is located behind the ink cartridge tray. While cleaning the ribbons, you must be very careful because in case the ribbon got removed from the printer, then it becomes very difficult to reconnect it.
The Ink reservoirs are situated at the bottom of the ink cartridge tray. In order to clean it, take some alcohol on a cotton swab and then try cleaning it properly and gently.
Lastly, you have to clean the Stabilizer Bar. This is the channel on which the ink cartridge tray slides. Cleaning this bar will help in reducing the noise and also in resolving the error. You can clean it by using some machine or printer oil. Put some drops on the stabilizer bar and clean it with a piece of cloth.
Along with all this, you should also try cleaning the paper pickup rollers. You will find these rollers at the back of the printer. After completing the cleaning process, try using the printer and check whether the error got resolved or not.
Reset the Printer Counter
Another method that might help you in resolving the canon E5 is by resetting the Printer Counter. For this, you have to follow the given process carefully.
- First and foremost, turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- After that, you have to tap and hold the “Resume” button.
- While holding the Resume button, hold the “Power” button too.
- By doing so, the green LED lamp should lit.
- Keep on holding the power button. Meanwhile, you have to release the “Resume” button and press it twice. This will turn the green light into amber color and again in the green color.
- Now, you have to release the “Power” button slowly.
- Thereafter, tap the “Resume” button four times. Immediately, press the “Power” button in order to confirm the selected action.
- Afterwards, press the power button to turn off the printer.
- Then, turn on the printer.
These are the basic troubleshooting steps that will help you in resolving the error. Must follow each procedure carefully and step-by-step.