How to Setup Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless manually
How to Setup Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless manually?
Canon is a famous Japanese multinational company specializing in manufacturing imaging and optical gadgets such as cameras, steppers, and printers. Hence, the Canon Pixma MX490 is one of the finest and trendy printers with multifunctional use. Therefore, this is an ideal printer that enables the users to carry out functions such as printing, faxing, scanning, and copying. Moreover, both wired and wireless connections are supported by Canon Pixma MX490.
Canon Pixma MX490 allows the users to fulfill their all printing requirements. Also, it has a compact design and supports multiple functionalities. Moreover, the user can keep the printer wherever they want because it occupies less space. Furthermore, when it comes to speed, then this device is exceptionally fast.
Here in this guide, we have provided the steps regarding the Canon setup Pixma MX490. So, those who are not able to accomplish the setup procedure, they all should carefully read the entire steps provided below.
Troubleshooting steps to resolve Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Not Printing
Whenever the user encounters a Canon Pixma MX490 printer not printing issue, they all should apply the following steps. By using these steps, the “printer not printing issue” can be resolved quickly.
- First of all, confirm that the power LED of the printer is blinking.
- Then, wait till it stops to let the printer get ready for printing.
- After this, carefully connect the Canon Pixma MX490 directly to the system’s USB port if a USB hub connection is used.
- Confirm that the paper output tray is open.
- If there is any unnecessary or inactive print job available, then delete it from the system.
- Also, users are suggested to uninstall the printer driver on their system and install the driver again from the installation CD or download it from Canon.com.
Troubleshooting steps for Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup
Below stated are the steps through which the user can easily connect the printer to the system wirelessly with the router’s help and without the use of the router.
- Initially, start the process by making sure that the Canon Pixma MX490 is turned ON.
- After this, click on the “Setup” button, and with the help of the arrow keys, select the Wireless LAN setup option.
- Then press “OK.”
- After this, the printer will start searching for the available networks.
- Then go to the wireless router and then press the “WPS” button. Also, hold it for a few seconds.
- Now tap on the “OK” option when the connected press OK message appears on the screen.
- Then press the copy button, and the wireless set up procedure will get complete.
- After this, assign a print job and confirm the connection.
How to set up Canon Pixma MX490?
The Canon Pixma MX490 wireless setup can be done easily by following the steps provided below. So, all users are recommended to follow the steps provided below. Through the help of the following steps, they can easily accomplish the setup procedure.
Note: Before starting the setup procedure, all users are suggested to set up the router properly and ensure no network issue. Also, ensure that the system is connected to the network.
- In the beginning, plug in the printer to the power socket and turn ON the printer. After this, when the green light on the printer glows, it indicates that the printer is turned “ON.”
- After turning ON, if the screen display is blank, press the “Copy” button, followed by the “set up” button mentioned at the printer’s touch panel display.
- Then check the “Wireless LAN setup” option is available at the touch panel, then click on the “OK” button. After this, it will start looking for different modes.
- Now when the “Wireless LAN Standard Setup” message displays on the screen, tap on it.
- After this, to proceed further with the setup procedure, choose the “Cable-less setup” option.
- Then choose the language, country, and the printer model, i.e., Canon Pixma MX490.
- After this, choose the device and the operating system.
- Now select the folder to download the driver file.
- Then run the downloaded file and click on “Next” to run the setup procedure.
- Then select, the “Wireless LAN Connection Printer” method as the “Canon Printer MX490 Printer Connection” method and choose the “Connect via Wireless Router” method.
- Ensure that the Canon printer is turned “ON,” as the software will search for the connected printer to the network to set up Canon Pixma MX490. In case if choosing for the first time, then the list should be blank.
- After this, tap on the “Cable-less setup” menu. The setup guide will display on the system.
- Note: The network connection will get disabled for a short period, and then it will connect again.
- Now the installation process will start. After this, confirm the license and agreement to begin the process. After that, once the set up gets installed, then tap on the “Complete” tab.
So, the procedure to set up Canon Pixma MX490 manually gets complete successfully by applying all these steps. Now the user can easily print, fax, and scan their documents easily. However, if any user is stuck within the setup process or fails to complete the setup procedure, they all are suggested to ask for help from the canon printer experts.